Notice to Applicants, Employees, and Contractors
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the types of Personal Information listed below from a variety of sources, including: directly from you (including through the use of automatic and/or web tracking technologies), government entities, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, publicly available sources, service providers (including data analytics providers), advertising networks, social networks, business partners, affiliates, and other third parties. Types of Personal Information that we may collect include:
Your name, phone number, fax number, email address, and postal address. Depending on the information that you provide to us, this may be your personal or work contact information.
If you choose to create an account with us, we collect your username, password, and any other information necessary to access your account with us.
Social media information
We collect your username, picture, and other information that you chose to display on your social media profile when you choose to interact with us or our service providers via social media channels.
Tax identification number, billing address, and bank account information if you choose to pay for Services through ACH or similar means.
We or our third-party billing and payment processing providers collect this information directly from you to support and process our billing function. We use third-party payment processors to collect and process payments made via credit card.
Your job title and role, company name, associated industry, and business contact information
Audio or visual information
Audio recordings of your conversations with us or our service providers in connection with your customer service or business inquiries. We may also have access to video snippets of your web-based browsing activity on our Services. This information is collected from you using cookies and web tracking technologies.
You may also have the option to upload a picture of yourself to your account that you create with us.
We collect information about the products and services you may have purchased or may be interested in, including those offered by other businesses. This information is collected from you using cookies and web tracking technologies.
Internet or other similar network activity
We collect information on your web-based interaction with the Services. This may include your browsing history (including the site you came from before visiting our website and the site you went to after leaving our website), duration of browsing session, operating system, device ID, IP address, and other unique identifiers.
We automatically collect this information from you using cookies and other web tracking technologies.
We collect geolocation information, which may include precise geolocation.
Use of Personal Information
We process your Personal Information for the following lawful reasons:
- to fulfill a contract, or to take steps in connection with fulfilling a contract;
- to comply with the law and our legal obligations, including in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- to protect, assess, or assert the rights, property, or safety of Semtech or others;
- to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- to provide Services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- to help us maintain, monitor, personalize, improve, and protect the Services, both online and offline, as well as to develop new products and services;
- to monitor the Services and customer accounts to prevent, investigate, and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents, or crime, in accordance with applicable law; and
- to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about the Services;
- where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates, or business partners; and
- we will use the Personal Information you provide for the purpose we explain to you at the time we ask for your consent.
Where required under applicable law, we carry out a balancing exercise to ensure that our data processing is based on our or a third-party’s legitimate interests and that such legitimate interest does not override by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms.
We may use aggregated information and de-identified information, which is not Personal Information, without restriction.
A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your device’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes and is used to enhance the quality of your visit to the website.
Our websites use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, services like enabling appropriate content based on your type of device cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites, so that we can analyze traffic and understand how our visitors interact with our websites.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other parts of websites that you can customize.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our websites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Advertising Cookies: Our websites may use third-party advertising networks to deliver targeted advertising. They may also have the capability to track your browsing across different sites and apps.
Where required, we will ask for your consent before we collect your data via the cookies and similar technologies that we use on the website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block some or all of their use in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our websites who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the websites, but some features may not function.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information described above as follows:
- With our service providers: This may include information technology vendors, payment processors, technical or repair support services, customer service providers, marketing or advertising vendors, data analytics providers, or data hosting or processing services.
- With our business partners: This includes authorized sales representatives, authorized distributors, shipping companies, internet service providers, affiliates, or business partners.
- With our advisors: This includes our attorneys, consultants, and similar professional advisors to assess, protect, or assert our legal or business interests.
- With law enforcement or government agencies: This includes law enforcement, government or regulatory agencies, or third-parties pursuant to legal process or to assist a government or law enforcement investigation.
- Within the context of a merger or similar business transaction: We may disclose your Personal Information in the event of a proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part Semtech, our Services, or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction.
- As otherwise directed or consented to by you.
Aside from the circumstances described above, we will not provide any of your Personal Information to other companies or individuals without your consent, unless required by law or for the other legal purposes described below.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or otherwise processed, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted under applicable law.
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented technical, physical, and administrative measures, as well as policies and procedures designed to safeguard your privacy from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or destruction. Although we take efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted over the internet or any wireless network.
In the case of an unfortunate Personal Information security incident, we may, in accordance with laws and regulations, inform you of the security incident by email, fax, telephone, push notification, or as otherwise permitted by law.
If you have any concern about the security of your Personal Information (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Your Rights and Choices
You may opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions included with the communication or by contacting us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Subject to applicable law, you may be entitled to some or all of the below rights with respect to your Personal Information that we collect about you. Please note that we may not be able to continue providing services to you if you entirely withdraw your consent or ask us to delete your Personal Information entirely, and this may also result in the termination of any agreements with us.
- Right to Access and Data Portability: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if requested, provide you with a copy of all Personal information you are lawfully entitled to receive along with certain other details. In addition, you may request to know the types of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, and the categories of Personal Information we share with them.
- Right to Amend: If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that we correct or complete it. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to Delete: You may request that we delete or remove your Personal Information. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the erasure as directed by law.
- Right to Restrict or Object to Processing: You may ask us to restrict or block the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if we process Personal Information that is considered “sensitive” under applicable laws in certain contexts, or engage in automated decision-making.
- Right to Opt Out of Targeted Advertising: Targeted advertising is the practice of serving you tailored advertisements based your Personal Information gathered across other businesses, websites, applications, or services. You may request to opt out of this practice.
- Right to Opt Out of Sales: You may request that we not sell your Personal Information. Some U.S. states may consider targeted advertising a “sale” of Personal Information.
- Right to Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights, but we may charge a reasonable fee as permitted by law in fulfilling these rights, such as if you request multiple copies of your Personal Information.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: You may submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority.
If you or your authorized agent wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Before responding to your request, we may require additional information from you to verify your identity or clarify your specific request. We may request that authorized agents provide us with proof of your written and signed permission to act on your behalf. Note that Semtech may also require you to verify your identity and confirm that you gave permission to your authorized agent. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in compliance with applicable law. Where appropriate, we will work with third parties in order to fulfil your request.
If we deny your request, you may have the right to appeal the decision with us. If you would like to appeal a prior decision, please submit an appeal request to us using the following form: http://info.mbnws3.com/data-request. Please include “Appeal” in your request and information that will help us locate your prior request.
Our Services do not sell products or services for purchase by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children. Our Services are not targeted to nor intended for children. If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our websites), you may only use our websites with the appropriate permission of a parent or guardian. In all cases, if you are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any Personal Information through our Services. If you believe that we have collected information about or from a child under the age of 16, please contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information.
Consent to Cross-Border Transfer of Data, Including Personal Information
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Within the last twelve (12) months, Semtech collected Personal Information as defined by the CCPA and explained in the above section “Collection of Personal Information.” We collect this Personal Information for the reasons set forth in the “Use of Personal Information” section above and disclosed it to the parties identified in “Disclosure of Personal Information.” The Personal Information listed in “Collection of Personal Information” falls into the following categories of Personal Information:
- Categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)
- Commercial information
- Geolocation information
- Audio, electronic, or visual information
- Internet or electronic network activity information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Sensitive Personal Information: account credentials and precise geolocation
Because we may engage in targeted advertising, also referred to as cross-context behavioral advertising, we may have “sold” or “shared” identifiers, commercial information, and internet or similar network activity with third-party data analytics, marketing, and/or advertising partners or networks in the last 12 months. If you wish to opt out of this practice, you may contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below or click on this link: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age.
“Shine the Light” Law
California residents may also have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How to Contact Us
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your Personal Information. Please submit any questions, concerns, or requests to exercise your applicable rights to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://info.mbnws3.com/data-request or by writing to Semtech Corporation, 200 Flynn Road, Camarillo, CA 93012 or by calling the following toll-free number: 1-855-343-1663.